4.12.2012

Jone Kvie


Meteors, Bronze, 15 pcs, dimensions variable
"Fascinated by the form and expression, I saw the meteor more as an abstract sculpture than a scientific find. I liked the idea that what fascinated me was the form itself and its connotations and not its immediate references. This ambivalence of things and our experience of them is what constructs a core in my way of working. An example of this could be the notion of a meteor, which is a form I have used repetitively over the years. A meteor – like other astronomic phenomena – is fascinating as a phenomenon for most people, and summons up many associations on a psychological as well as a more literary level. Yet again, it is an ambivalent symbol as it represents wishes and aspirations on one hand, and on the other also can represent an omen – a forecast of imminent destruction." excerpt from Jone Kvie in conversation with Jesper N. Jørgensen. 2004.